A Plug Valve is a quarter-turn rotational motion Valve that use a tapered or cylindrical plug to stop or start flow. In the open position, the plug-passage is in one line with the inlet and outlet ports of the Valve body. If the plug 90° is rotated from the open position, the solid part of the plug blocks the port and stops flow. Plug valves are similar to Ball valves in operation.
We are an ISO 9001:2008,ISO 9001-2008, ISO 14001-2004, OHSAS 18001-2007, NSIC-CRISIL, EEPC, and QA-UKAS (ISO 9001-2008), SSI Certified company that follows total Quality Management System. and have been recognized as one of the world’s leading stockists and manufacturer of quality metals for over two decades and are committed to quick responses, unsurpassed quality, competitive pricing, reliable deliveries and an exhaustive inventory.Globe Valves are extensively employed to control flow. The range of flow control, pressure drop, and duty must be considered in the design of the valve to avert premature failure and to assure satisfactory service. Valves subjected to high-differential pressure-throttling service require specially designed valve trim.Generally the maximum differential pressure across the valve disc should not exceed 20 percent of the maximum upstream pressure or 200 psi (1380 kPa), whichever is less. Valves with special trim may be designed for applications exceeding these differential pressure limits.
|Standred||DIN 3352 F5|
|Material||Industrial-grade steel, carbon steel, stainless steel, alloy steel and special steel, A105, A182, F304, F316|
|Order||Accept custom order|
Types of Plug valves
Plug valves are available in a nonlubricated or lubricated design and with several styles of port openings. The port in the tapered plug is generally rectangular, but they are also available with round ports and diamond ports.Plug valves are also available with cylindrical plugs. The cylindrical plugs ensure greater port openings equal to or larger than the pipe flow area.Lubricated Plug valves are provided with a cavity in the middle along there axis. This cavity is closed at the bottom and fitted with a sealant-injection fitting at the top. The sealant is injected into the cavity, and a Check Valve below the injection fitting prevents the sealant from flowing in the reverse direction. The lubricant in effect becomes a structural part of the Valve, as it provides aflexible and renewable seat.
Nonlubricated Plug valves contain an elastomeric body liner or a sleeve, which is installed in the body cavity. The tapered and polished plug acts like a wedge and presses the sleeve against the body. Thus, the nonmetallic sleeve reduces the friction between the plug and the body.
Plug valve Disk
- Rectangular port plugs are the most common port shape. The rectangular port represents 70 to 100 percent of the internal pipe area.
- Round port plugs have a round opening through the plug. If the port opening is the same size or larger than the inside diameter of the pipe, a full port is meant. If the opening is smaller than the inside diameter of the pipe, a standard round port is meant.
- Diamond port plug has a diamond-shaped port through the plug and they are venturi restricted flow types. This design is suitable for throttling service.
Typical applications of Plug valves
A Plug Valve can be used in many different fluid services and they perform well in slurry applications. The following are some typical applications of Plug valves:
- Air, gaseous, and vapor services
- Natural gas piping systems
- Oil piping systems
- Vacuum to high-pressure applications
Advantages and disadvantages of Plug valves
- Quick quarter turn on-off operation
- Minimal resistance to flow
- Smaller in size than most other valves
- Requires a large force to actuate, due to high friction.
- NPS 4 and larger valves requires the use of an actuator.
- Reduced port, due to tapered plug.
loved the serviceMay 20, 2014, 9:07 am